With the VaraLakshmi Vratam coming up on August 20 (Friday before the full moon day in the month of Sravan), thought i should document the same.
We start the season of puja with this one for the Old Mother.
Converted the puja on the cassette (in Telugu) to a set of MP3 files: (using the Philips Rip-All AZ1856)
Needless to say, the puja is parametrized :-) and here are the following (few) items that you should be ready with:
- Your gotra
- The year (for 2012, it's nandana nAma; for 2011, Srikhara nAma; for 2010, vikRuti nAma)
- Tithi (for 27th July, it's navami).
- Your location with respect to Srisailam. Here are the Telugu equivalents: (source)
South-East (Aagnaeyamu—for folks in Chennai)
South-West (Nairuthi—for folks in Bangalore)
North-East (Eesanyamu—'Sa' as in Sat).
- Betel Leaves
- Betel Nuts
- Kalasam Vastram
- Mother's Pratima or Vigraham
- PanchAmrutam (Cow Milk, Cow Ghee, Curd, Honey, Sugar)
- Lamps: (Oil and Ghee)
- Yagnopavetam (Cotton)
- Thoramu (Nine Knots)
- Pasupu (Turmeric) Ganesha
- Peetam (with standard decoration)
- Water in Glass, with uddarina.